Cabot Creamery CooperativeMild Cheddar | Monterey Jack | Sharp Cheddar
Delicious Dinner Quiche
Breakfast for dinner, yes please.user rating
- 1 refrigerated pre-rolled pie crust
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 4 oz. Cabot Mild Cheddar or Sharp Cheddar, grated, about 1 cup
- 4 oz. Cabot Monterey Jack, grated, about 1 cup
- 1/2 cup seeded and diced fresh tomato
- 6 large eggs
- one 12-oz. can evaporated milk
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. Unroll crust and place in deep-dish 9-inch pie plate, crimping edge. Lightly prick bottom of crust all over.
3. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until crust is lightly golden.
4. Meanwhile, in large skillet, cook bacon and onion together, stirring often, until bacon is browned; leaving fat behind in skillet, transfer bacon-onion mixture to paper towels to drain briefly.
5. Reduce oven temperature to 350° F.
6. Spread bacon-onion mixture evenly over crust. Toss cheeses and tomato together and scatter over bacon-onion mixture.
7. In bowl, beat or whisk eggs until combined and frothy; mix in evaporated milk, salt and pepper. Pour mixture evenly into crust.
8. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden on top almost set (center will still be jiggly). Let stand for about 10 minutes before serving.