La Dorita Dulce De LecheOriginal Dulce de Leche, Quarter Case
Dulce Delicious Grilled Pizza with Mascarpone Cheese and Peaches
This is a spectacular dessert for your pizza party. Kids and adults alike will be amazed.user rating
Cooking Time: 6 minutesIngredients:
- 1 oz. fresh yeast or 3/4 oz. active dried yeast (three 1/4 oz. packages)
- 2 generous Tbsp. raw honey
- 2 to 3 cups tepid water
- 6 to 8 cups unbleached bread flour, preferably King Arthur's
- 2 Tbsp. sea salt
- extra flour for dusting
- 3 Tbsp. Original Dulce de Leche, Quarter Case (enough to spread generously over the entire pizza)
- 3 Tbsp. mascarpone cheese
- 1 large can peach halves in heavy syrup, drained
- Ghirardelli dark chocolate chips, optional
- handful fresh mint leaves, optional
1. To make the bread dough, first dissolve the yeast and raw honey in 1 cup of the tepid water. Let stand until the yeast dissolves and the mixture becomes all bubbly, about 5 minutes.
2. Put the flour and salt into a large bowl or on a clean surface, make a well in the center, and pour in the yeast mixture. Mix together until all the yeasty liquid is soaked up, then pour in the water as needed and gradually incorporate all the flour to make a moist dough. Knead the dough by rolling, pushing and folding it over for 5 minutes. Flour both hands, and lightly flour the top of the dough. Make it into a roundish shape and place it on a baking tray. Score it deeply with a knife, allowing it to proof to its maximum.
3. When the dough has doubled in size, punch down the dough and form a ball. The dough can be used immediately or wrapped in plastic wrap and stored in the refrigerator for 1 day.
4. Now it is time to roll out your pizza into an irregular thin shape no more than 1/4-inch thick, and make a generous crust to hold the pizza and to keep in the dulce de leche mixture. Put it on a large baking sheet dusted with flour so the dough won't stick to transport to the grill. You can stack the rounds by layering waxed paper, parchment or a clean well-floured kitchen towel in between the individual crusts.
5. Prepare the grill for high heat. When the coals are hot, grill the peaches whole, about 5 minutes each side to create nice grill markings. Remove peaches to the side alongside the other toppings.
6. Meanwhile, mix three generous tablespoons of dulce de leche with three tablespoons of mascarpone cheese. Mix well in a bowl with a spatula until creamy.
7. Grill the crust. The easiest method for grilling pizza is to par-bake the crust: grill the crust-side face down first just long enough to firm up the crust so you can flip it easily (about three minutes). Once you have flipped it, begin arranging the toppings immediately.
8. For the topping: With a spatula, spread a generous layer the dulce de leche mixture over the pizza, leaving room for the crust as a handle.
9. Arrange the grilled peaches all over the pizza (add dark chocolate chips at this time if you are opting for a sweeter result). Cover the grill top for to let the dough cook and for the toppings to melt together, about another five minutes.
10. Remove pizza from grill and sprinkle with fresh mint. Slice into pizza wedges and enjoy.
Notes: Preparing pizza on the grill results in a crispy, chewy crust with a wonderful smoky flavor. However, if you would like to save yourself time, you may pre-bake the “pre-pizzas” in a 475° F oven for 5 minutes. This allows you to simply throw the half-baked crust on the grill, and assemble the pizza toppings right there in front of your guests in half of the time. The result is a smoky flavored crust, but in half the time.