Dulcet Madras Curry Cooking Spice & Rub
Try out this Grilled Spicy Shrimp recipe that uses Dulcet Madras Curry Cooking Spice & Rub, a sofi™ Silver Finalist in the 2009 Outstanding Cooking Sauce or Flavor Enhancer category.
For more information on everything sofi™, click hereDulcet Cuisine
Grilled Spicy Shrimp with Curry & Limeuser rating
1 lb. med to large shrimp, peeled & deveined
4 Tsp. Dulcet Madras Curry Cooking Spice & Rub
1 Tbsp. canola oil
1 lime, cut in half
1 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)Method:
1. Mix together the Dulcet Madras Curry Cooking Spice and canola oil together in a medium sized bowl.
2. Place the prepared shrimp in the bowl and toss with spice/oil mixture until evenly coated.
3. Lightly oil the skewers and skewer the shrimp.
4. Place the skewers and the lime halves on the grill.
5. Cook the shrimp for two minutes per side or until just cooked through.
6. Remove the shrimp from the skewers onto a platter, give a generous squeeze of the grilled lime over the shrimp and place the limes on the platter.
7. Garnish with cilantro, if using.
This makes a great appetizer when having friends over for a barbeque dinner. Throw on the shrimp before placing your main course on the grill. They're spicy, so make sure to serve with a thirst quenching libation!
Hint: This can also be turned into a main course for two by adding some chunks of fresh pineapple and vegetables to the skewers and serving with coconut rice and fresh cilantro.
Cook rice according to package directions; substitute half of the water with coconut milk.