LaBourdonnais Pineapple Cinnamon Jamuser rating
5 cups ripe pineapple, crushed
3 oz. pack of pectin
3 Tbsp. lemon juice
1–2 tsp. powdered cinnamon
7 cups sugar
¾ tsp. unsalted butter
canning jars, for preserving
1. Combine the pineapple, lemon juice and 3½ cups of sugar in a pan, and let stand for 1 hour.
2. Add the remaining sugar to the mixture, and place the pan over a medium-high heat; stir constantly until the sugar dissolves.
3. Bring the mix to a boil for 2 minutes.
4. Remove the pan from the heat, and skim off any foam that has accumulated.
5. Place the pan over the heat again to boil for 1 minute.
6. Again, remove and skim off the foam.
7. Add butter and bring the mixture to a boil again. Add the pectin and stir continuously.
8. Add the cinnamon powder, and boil for 1 minute. Skim off the foam.
9. Allow the jam to cool for 7 minutes before dividing it among the canning jars.
10. Close the jars, and bathe them in 250 degrees F water for 10 minutes to create a seal.
For more information, visit tasteafricanow.com.