McCormick's Flavor Forecast 2011
Here’s a recipe based on an up-and-coming flavor combination, identified in McCormick’s 2011 Flavor Forecast. Click on the link below to view all of the flavor pairings McCormick's named in it's 2011 Forecast.Top 10 Flavor Pairings of 2011
Marinated Shrimp with Mango & Radishes
Marinated Shrimp recipe with Mango & Radishes is inspired by McCormick's 2011 Flavor Forecastuser rating
1 cup julienned peeled mango (about 1 mango)
½ cup julienned poblano chiles
½ cup julienned radishes
1/8 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons McCormick Mixed Pickling Spice
1 cup rice vinegar
½ cup water
¼ cup coconut rum
1 pound jumbo shrimp (16 to 20 count), peeled and deveined, tails on
2 tablespoon fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
1. Mix mango, poblano chiles, radishes and salt in a shallow glass dish. Set aside.
2. Place pickling spice in center of a cheesecloth or coffee filter. Tie tightly with string. Place in 3-quart saucepan with vinegar, water and coconut rum. Bring to boil on high heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes.
3. Carefully remove 1/4 cup of the pickling marinade. Pour over mango mixture. Toss to coat well. Cover. Refrigerate until ready to serve, stirring occasionally.
4. Return remaining pickling marinade in saucepan to simmer. Add shrimp; simmer 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Cover. Let stand 15 minutes to cool. Refrigerate at least 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
5. To serve, place mango mixture on serving platter. Drain shrimp, and arrange over mango mixture. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro.