Sonoma Gourmet Inc.Fennel Romano Pasta Sauce
Pasta e Fagioli
Pasta e fagioli is a traditional meatless dish that started as a peasant dish because of the inexpensive and plentiful ingredients. Today it is considered a healthy comfort food.user rating
Cooking Time: 20 minutesIngredients:
- 1 lb. ground meat, beef, pork, turkey or veal (optional)
- one 25-oz. jar Sonoma Gourmet Fennel Romano Pasta Sauce
- one 16-oz. box short cut pasta (ditalini, elbow), cooked
- two 15-oz. cans cooked white beans (cannellini, borlotti or navy), drained and rinsed
- half jar 12- to 16-oz. liquid, chicken stock, vegetable stock or the water used to cook pasta
- 1/2 cup grated cheese (Pecorino Romano, Parmesan)
1. Brown meat in a heavy sauce pan, pour off excess liquid (skip this step for the classic vegetarian version).
2. Add pasta sauce and liquid, simmer. Add more liquid if a soup like dish is desired.
3. Add cooked pasta and beans, mix and simmer until hot. Serve in a bowl with grated cheese sprinkled over top.