"Pollen Asian" Barbecued Jumbo Shrimpuser rating
Recipe from Executive Chef Bernard Guillas of the Marine Room and La Jolla Beach & Tennis Club of La Jolla, Calif.
"Pollen Asian" Barbecued Jumbo Shrimp Ingredients
18 jumbo shrimp, preferably Mexican, U-10 size, shell on
½ cup tangerine juice, fresh squeezed
1 teaspoon parsley leaves, finely chopped 1 teaspoon mint leaves, finely chopped
¼ cup walnut oil
1 tablespoon Pollen Ranch "Pollen Asian" blend
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
6 sprigs mint
6 lime wedges
Avocado Mango Relish Ingredients
2 avocados, peeled, seeded and diced
1 mango, peeled, seeded, julienned
1/2 cup jicama, julienned
1 teaspoon cilantro leaves, finely chopped
1 lemon, juiced
2 tablespoons gold tequila
Dash Tabasco Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to tasteMethod:
"Pollen Asian" Barbecued Jumbo Shrimp Method
1. Butterfly shrimp lengthwise.
2. In small bowl mix tangerine juice, parsley, mint, and walnut oil. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
3. Place shrimp in shallow dish. Pour marinade over. Let stand 15 minutes. Remove shrimp from marinade. Season with "Pollen Asian".
4. Place on barbecue flesh side down over hot coals. Cook two minutes. Flip over. Finish on shell side. Cook until opaque, being careful to not overcook.
5. Place marinade in small saucepan over medium heat. Reduce by half. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Avocado Mango Relish Method
1. In large bowl gently combine all ingredients. Set aside.
Place two eggplant halves, overlapping in center of large serving plate. Transfer three shrimp from grill. Lean tails on eggplant. Drizzle marinade over shrimp. Garnish with avocado mango relish, lime wedges and mint sprigs.