Ernie's Epic Foods LLCPerfect Peach
Salsa Chicken Chimichangasuser rating
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 2 cups Ernie's Perfect Peach Salsa
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 2 1/2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 1 cup canned refried beans
- eight 12-in. flour tortillas
- non-stick cooking spray, as needed
1. In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender; stir in salsa, chili powder, cumin, cinnamon and salt; fold in chicken and heat; remove from heat and set aside.
2. Spoon 2 to 3 tablespoons of refried beans down the center of a tortilla; top with 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture. Fold the top and bottom of the dressed tortillas toward the center, then roll up the sides. Secure with wooden toothpicks.
3. Place chimichangas in a 13- by 9- by 2-inch baking pan, seam side down. Spray all sides of the chimichangas with a light coating of cooking spray. Bake at 450° F for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and crisp, turning after 10 minutes.