Spicy Pulled Pork in Tart Cherry Sauce with Vanilla Slawuser rating
This Spicy Pulled Pork recipe utilizes some trendy spices from McCormicks Gourmet Collection.
3 pounds boneless pork shoulder roast, trimmed
1/2 cup coarsely chopped dried tart cherries
1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
1/2 cup ketchup
1/3 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Gourmet Collection TM Crushed Red Pepper or 1 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet CollectionTM Ground Cayenne Red Pepper
1 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet CollectionTM Saigon Cinnamon
1 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet CollectionTM Garlic Powder
1 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet CollectionTM Sicilian Sea Salt
10 sandwich rolls (optional)
*For Vanilla Slaw*
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
½ teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
¼ teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet CollectionTM Sicilian Sea SaltMethod:
1. Place pork, cherries and onion in slow cooker.
For sauce, mix remaining ingredients except rolls and Vanilla Slaw in medium bowl until blended. Pour over pork. Cover.
2. Cook 8 hours on LOW or 4 hours on HIGH. Remove pork from slow cooker.
3. Shred pork, using 2 forks. Return pork to slow cooker. Mix and heat with sauce before serving.
4. For Vanilla Slaw, combine ingredients in large bowl until well blended.Add 1 package (12 ounces) broccoli coleslaw; toss to coat well. Cover. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
5. Serve Pulled Pork on sandwich rolls, if desired. (Slow Cooker Tip: For best results, do not remove cover during cooking.)