The Run-A-Ton Group Inc.Wholly Wholesome 9-Inch Gluten Free Pie Shells | Wholly Wholesome 9-Inch Pie Shells
Wholly Wholesome Pot Pie Recipe
Plummeting temperatures and snowy days are perfect for eating this warm, wholesome and wholicious pot pie recipe.user rating
- 2 Wholly Wholesome 9-Inch Pie Shells (you can also use Whollly Wholesome Organic Rolled Pie dough and your own pie tin)
- 2 cups cubed or pulled roast chicken or turkey
- 1/4 cup sliced cooked carrots*
- 1/2 cup cooked peas*
- 1/2 cup cubed cooked potatoes*
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg plus a splash of milk for egg wash
- * If you are not using canned vegetables, then you can cook the vegetables by boiling or microwaving for 5 minutes or until soft.
1. Thaw Wholly Wholesome Pie shells in refrigerator overnight or for 30 minutes out of the freezer. Preheat oven to 425° F.
2. Combine chicken, carrots, peas and potatoes.
3. Combine butter, flour, salt, chicken broth and milk in sauce pan and cook over medium flame and stir for one minute or until it thickens. Combine the sauce with the mixture.
4. Pour filling into shell, brush edge of pie shell with beaten egg and milk (egg wash).
5. .Take second shell out of pan and invert over pie filling, press edges together to seal (or use a Wholly Wholesome rolled pie dough for the top crust.
6.Brush top crust with beaten egg and milk (egg wash). Cut a few slits in the top shell to allow steam to escape. Place pie on a baking sheet (foil underneath optional). Bake for 35 to 45 minutes on lower rack at 425° F or until crust is golden brown.